Saturday 19 August 2017

Double the hills, Double the fun!

Had a nice easy 6k yesterday after the Thursday session.  Today, I wanted to push out the distance a little but staying on the hills so I essentially repeated the hilly part of my 6k run turning it into a 9k with almost 250m of vertical.  I think the new firmware on the Fenix has made a huge improvement to the accuracy of the map plot.

This was pretty much as tough as I expected.  I still have to run-walk the ascent although the proportion of walking continues to shrink.  On the second descent, I stepped on a rock and nearly had a fall.  Fortunately I recovered but, in doing so, overstretched the muscles at the back of my right knee.

At a minimum, I'll take tomorrow off as I have already exceeded the 20 mile target I had for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment